Puerco Pibil and Carne Asada Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Another Fantastic meal!!
Point
Thanks HC, appreciate it.
Know I am late to the party but DAMN son! That all looks amazing! Anytime I want to make anything Mexican I always check out your index first! Highly impressed

John
Thank you John,
you're too kind.
Much appreciated, hope you try the Pibil, very tasty.

I'm drooling here. Sounds so good. Need to try that pork recipe. Can you do it without the banana leaves? No idea where i'd find that around here.

WOW!! Freaking fantastic Chili....:emoji_thumbsup:
Mucho gracias Senor de fumar.
How did I miss this one ? That looks absolutely beautiful and tasty !! You nailed it, as usual !!
Thank ya, thank ya very much.
Wish I could say. I've the Pibil nailed down, but this was only my 1st successful cook of this dish.

I'm drooling here. Sounds so good. Need to try that pork recipe. Can you do it without the banana leaves? No idea where i'd find that around here.
Thanks Mark.
Do try it, good stuff.
Yeah, you can do it without banana leaves. You lose a small part of it's flavor/aroma doing, but nothing huge.
Mexican markets will often carry frozen banana leaves, call around see if you can find some.
Great for doing kalua pork too.

if you do frozen banana leaves, make sure they are 100% thawed before trying to unfold them.

Last edited:
Reactions: markh024
Chile, Holy $h!t!!! That all looks friggin’ fantastic!! That Lunch shot put me over the edge.

It’s 8am and my stomach is a screeching banshee...thanks for that

Like!!

Chile, Holy $h!t!!! That all looks friggin’ fantastic!! That Lunch shot put me over the edge.

It’s 8am and my stomach is a screeching banshee...thanks for that

Like!!
Bwahahaha!
(evil laughter)
My evil plans have ensnared another innocent victim!

Thanks man, appreciate the compliments and Like.

It's been said here more than once...WOW....and you got that again in different forms. Like.
Hey and Chili you must feed a group cause that is a passel of food.
Howed you make beans and rice?

Bwahahaha!
(evil laughter)
My evil plans have ensnared another innocent victim!

Thanks man, appreciate the compliments and Like.

After salivating over your post, I texted my wife and said: “We’re having tacos tonight! And that’s final!! I’m putting my foot down on this!

My wife (putting her foot down) texts: “We’re not buying groceries when we leave for vacation in 3 days!! We’re having burgers and that’s that!!”

So I guess I’m having a burger instead...but don’t worry, I’ll find a way to dedicate them to you.

To be continued...

Reactions: drdon
It's been said here more than once...WOW....and you got that again in different forms. Like.
Hey and Chili you must feed a group cause that is a passel of food.
Howed you make beans and rice?
Thank you Kit, I really do appreciate the replies and compliments.

Just my wife, kids and I this time.
Leftovers galore, I ate it for lunch/dinner through yesterday.

I think I'm addicted to the Puerco Pibil now, move over Al pastor.

These are clickable links to my recipes for both Ranch Beans and Mexican Rice.
More recipes in the Mexican section of my Recipe Index.
Ranch Style Beans / Frijoles Estilo Rancho

Arroz Mexicana aka Mexican Rice

After salivating over your post, I texted my wife and said: “We’re having tacos tonight! And that’s final!! I’m putting my foot down on this!

My wife (putting her foot down) texts: “We’re not buying groceries when we leave for vacation in 3 days!! We’re having burgers and that’s that!!”

So I guess I’m having a burger instead...but don’t worry, I’ll find a way to dedicate them to you.

To be continued...
LMAO!
#1 Rule in The Game of Life.
If Mama ain't Happy, Nobody's Happy.

Simply call them Hamburguesas.
Load them with salsa, guacamole, green chiles or jalapenos and a nice soft Mexican cheese like Chihuahua.

Nice and congrats on the carousel!
Also, HOW IN THE HELL did you find such nice skirt steak!???
All the Skirt steak I run across is full of the bad inedible fat and tissue.
I pretty much stick to Flank steak because of that reason.

I guess Costco may have good Skirt steak but I don't even think about buying like 10 pounds at a time lol.

Nice and congrats on the carousel!
Also, HOW IN THE HELL did you find such nice skirt steak!???
All the Skirt steak I run across is full of the bad inedible fat and tissue.
I pretty much stick to Flank steak because of that reason.

I guess Costco may have good Skirt steak but I don't even think about buying like 10 pounds at a time lol.
Thanks man,
I went big on it as it was my bday dinner. The carousel ride was sure unexpected.

Costco is where I get the Skirt, it always looks great and cost less than Flank.
That was. 5.5lb tray, which is about average.
They sometimes have Flap steak too, but it's usually very thin and lean.
I bypass it.

Reactions: tallbm
LMAO!
#1 Rule in The Game of Life.
If Mama ain't Happy, Nobody's Happy.

Simply call them Hamburguesas.
Load them with salsa, guacamole, green chiles or jalapenos and a nice soft Mexican cheese like Chihuahua.

Well as you remember, the tacos were a no go for me, but check out what I ended up doing to the burger lol.
848E7C76-E843-40DB-B71B-0F308B1C7173.jpeg

Fresh ground beef coated in a Mexican rub, topped with green chilies, queso fresco and pickled onions. There’s also scotch bonnet mayo behind the lettuce.

Thanks for the inspiration!

View attachment 402445

Fresh ground beef coated in a Mexican rub, topped with green chilies, queso fresco and pickled onions. There’s also scotch bonnet mayo behind the lettuce.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Dammit Man, but that does look fantastic, a great Hamburguesa Mexicana!
And the roasted veggies, much tastier than ordinary papas fritas.
Hell yeah!

Rule #2 Mama is always right.
Rule #3 When Mama is wrong refer to rule number two.

LOL!

AARP will be adding you to their mailing list my friend.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky