Italian Involtini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Working on Sunday supper. This Alaska salmon was hot smoked to IT of 124*. This is just for a side/appetizer. Stay tuned.

IMG_2005.jpeg

The salmon went to a mascarpone mixture with fresh dill and lemon juice.

IMG_2007.jpeg

All mixed up

IMG_2009.jpeg

Then wrapped in long cucumber slices to go along with the Calabrese salad.

IMG_2015.jpeg

Now making Arbolito rice with chicken stock and building Involtini
Both pork and chicken, I can’t get veal local.

Seasoned and pounded to 1/4” meat, then add fresh basil, prosciutto, and picante provolone. Roll up then will dredge in flour and fry.

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

Crisp up the flour dredge
IMG_2018.jpeg

Then add diced shallot, garlic and baby bellows.
IMG_2019.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for both the likes and comments. This was very delicious and can be finished in a number of ways, and built in a number of ways. It’s pretty much sky is the limit.

Build with whatever you want for protein and filling, finish with any thing from a wine reduction to a more Marsala to a marinara sauce finish. I hope this post inspires some of you and you get creative with this idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky