Pork2go 120gallon trailer mounted reverse flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I'm back to working on the smoker, I'll be playing catch up for the next few posts. It's coming along, I have to have it ready for a party in October. Lots left to do but grass cutting in the summer kinda got in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tank has been mounted to the trailer
31cca65419cca64d0cb55199f29d9029.jpg
83f256819e7d3a030348e99372aa6d7d.jpg

That was done back in March, the warming box has been built and mounted to the firebox, cut most of the back of the tank off to do this
c8891495e9c918733f59f15d081d54fa.jpg

I moved the axle back to make it more balanced and switched from slipper springs to normal leaf springs, I also cut the door in the warming box and framed it up
29cd88d0f9f704a24597ae51ef4393bf.jpg
d8084d2ff025b948c4fe3fecd36449ca.jpg

I made a little travel safety latch for the warming box, mounted the racks in the warming box and got the stack built and squared away yesterday
e1c5b10bf48e6bbcf01a8f55a49342a1.jpg
22b1b0fbc562cac60501f18a4ca29faf.jpg

Hey Pork2go nice to see you back! I was wondering how you were getting along. Looks like you've been busy. I like the warming box. It looks good!

Hey Woody I must say your build is amazing, the quality is out of the world:) how's the smoking been this summer?

Hey Pork, Glad you're back to working on the build.

Going with the larger tires was a smart option for your build, seeing as you have a large warmer box, it adds more weight capacity..
On my build, I didn't have as much weight and needed some extra clearance, so I just flipped my axle to under the leaf springs.
I do like how your warmer is coming out, loads of rack space. Keep up the good work!

PCjack, thank you for the encouragement your smoker looks awsome.

I got a little done Tuesday. Worked on a simple firebox grate and the vents. I used Volkswagen valve springs to keep pressure on the vents. I hope they don't melt in the fire box lol. I flipped the fire box grate the other way after this pic was taken
9c39a154d9a34bae793e80861deee59b.jpg

The vents came out ok. I hope I have enough air going under the grate and that the top vent is not too high on the firebox
047018d872192505654f2989ce761de1.jpg

5b0b47796bf6d842711d27a6c7dbaca2.jpg

6ef9afd48b2638cb39f88a1d5d434c3a.jpg

Pork,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think your grate steel temp will be a lot higher than the temp those springs will ever reach, unless your coals decide to start leaning on the door. You could always shorten the springs if you get bored. :o) I do prefer the heavier/wider opening grating like you used for the firebox, if I had some, I would have rather used that instead of the expanded metal that I used. Bottom line: Cost, I already had the expanded metal from other projects, so I just repurposed what I had. The framing on mine is bed framing made into a angle iron tray with 4 post-style legs welded under it, which is made from scrap rebar I ended up with from a friend. By doing a free standing frame, I can remove and rework the idea until I am 100% happy with this portion of my build. (I saw some V shaped frames that auto-feeds logs, insert drooling mouth here, maybe some day will play with that idea)

Keep up the good work!

Well it's time to start thinking about cutting the cook chamber door, I was originally planning to go traditional but my dad sketched this up which looks mighty tempting to adding a tad more cooking area, I'm just not shure how much it will add and if it will throw off all my calculations
1d5c855e18218c7fdfd0b82aa21b6ecc.jpg

I like the idea, I just don't want to be the guy that has to figure out the math to get a proper fire box size and cimney size. LOL

Last edited:
I hear ya pcjack, I made the fire box a 26x26x26 which was oversized for the tank from what I remember. I figure I can make the mods and remeasure the surface area to make sure my firebox/cc opening is big enough as well as the area under the reverse flow plate. I mainly cook butts so the extra room would be nice

Well got some time to work on the smoker today. I have installed the two rear leveling jacks, cut the tank, cut the fb/cc opening and started making the door and roof to the new smoke chamber. I had a bunch of free 6x3 angle and sence I am low on plate that is what I am using to frame it out
034ce84875cc53ce0401b494be7b47fe.jpg
c346f2dce0341789c8fcd13bd23b1b0d.jpg
021473243309b31ce0671ca3da5f1d8d.jpg

Looking good pork! Wow your gonna be able to hold a serious amount of meat in there! Love the jack idea. Been throwing this one around myself. Can't wait to see how this turns out

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky