Pork Tenderloin Rolls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

milkman55

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
Canyon Lake, TX
I saw a YouTube video where they were making pork tenderloin rolls with bacon, but it wasn’t a smoking cook. So I adapted that to the smoker.

I cut a two tenderloin pack into six strips cut lengthwise. I cover with plastic wrap and pounded them flat with my meat mallet. I seasoned with my Lane’s Q-Nami seasoning and then topped with 1-2 strips of bacon based on the width of the slice.

I then rolled it up tightly in a roll and put two on each bamboo skewer. I then browned the pork on all sides on my griddle and then placed them on the Traeger at 250f. When they got to 142f, I pulled them to rest.

I made a peach glaze with preserves and a couple of tablespoons of butter. Glazed the rolls with the sauce and served with flash fried spinach, Yum 😋

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thats a neat idea. I gotta try this next time tenderloins are on sale.

That's interesting and no doubt it was delicious. Bacon and pork tenderloin go together well.

I've been doing Chef Tom's version but I might adapt what you're doing as I have a difficult time with the bacon when I sear. It falls off when crisp and flame ups from the drippings burn it. And I like your idea of searing first on the griddle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky