Pork shoulder Ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redrocker65200

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 15, 2015
South San Francisco, ca
First of all, hello all. Been a while. Life get's in the way.

Question of the day. My wife brought some Pork shoulder Ribs. I have never heard of them, and they are already cut. Do I cook them like ribs? or like a shoulder with the bone in.

Apple wood is best since they are pork I am assuming. Any idea on how long they will go in the smoker at about 250 or so?

Any rub suggestions? I have a bunch that Chef Jimmy gave me, all are fantastic, but thought I would ask

Any input would be nice, I am planning on these for dinner tomorrow.

I'm assuming you have country style ribs. I'd treat like a pork butt. Smoke till they get the color you want then put them in a foil pan with some apple juice and butter, extra rub and whatever else you normally do then take them until they are at whatever tenderness you prefer. If you sauce then remove from pan and sauce. Let it setup for 20min on the grates

They can be grilled just as easy as smoked, they are very good any way you cook them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky