Pork shoulder fridge time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

metsfan2152

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
The supermarket by me has .79 cents a pound pork shoulder so was going to pick up a couple tomorrow because the sale ends. If i were to make it next Sunday do you think it would be ok to leave it in the fridge till then? Or should i freeze it and then defrost it like wed-thurs? Same thing with spare ribs?

If VAC-PACKED, yes, you you should be fine. It would be best to store in a little used refer like a beer fridge. If Store trimmed and on a foam tray, wrapped in film? Freeze the meat!...JJ

Thanks guys I believe the spare ribs and pork shoulders are cryo vac. I will check when I go today.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky