Pulled pork question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've been doing 250. I don't have a 275 option, 225, 250, 300. Next pork shoulder I'll try at 300.
I have gone that high. Pork butt doesn't care. I take it it's a pellet grill by the temp choices so I would recommend at least an hour (preferably 2) on the lowest setting where it makes more smoke before cranking the temp.

Reactions: JLeonard
I cook where ever the cooker wants to settle in at. Anywhere from 225-300 degrees. Got tired of fighting it trying to force it run 225.

Jim

Reactions: DougE
I use a pellet pooper for full shoulder cuts.
I agree with DougE DougE than anything more than 8# is a twin pack which you will appreciate for dealing with 2 pieces instead of 1 massive slab.

The pooper I can get 250° with some coaxing. The forced air (hence convection oven) does cook the shoulder faster, but I've never noticed a problem. I usually foil pan wrap and into the kitchen oven to finish at the stall.
I use a smoke tube in the pooper so I never start at the lowest "smoke" temp

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky