Pork chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks fantastic to me, Charlotte!
Beautifully plated! Well done! :)

In fact, Pork chops are on the menu here tonight.
Small world! LOL!
But ours will be cut up, fried with mushrooms, brown onions, and served with some elbow macaroni.
Don't ask me. I just had a craving for Pork chops and got some out of the freezer this morning.
The wife asked if she could fix them a new way.
(I was going to grill them, but heck yeah, I'll bow out...)
Thanks SonnyE... I dunno the wife sounds like she knows what she's doing I wouldn't mind eating a plate of that...I know I love little strips of pork in a stir fry :D

Charlotte, those chops look amazing. A whole lot better then the shake-n-bake chops we did a week or so ago. I was just to lazy to fire up the grill. Great seasoning combo also.

Point for sure.

Chris
Thanks Chris,
True it is a pain to fire up...although the lack of cooking time made up for that and I used my side burner to light my chimney of coals up pretty quick (not sure how safe that is?!) :confused: haha.

Thanks SonnyE... I dunno the wife sounds like she knows what she's doing I wouldn't mind eating a plate of that...I know I love little strips of pork in a stir fry :D

Well, if I ever question her, I get an answer like," After 50 years of cooking...." Then my selective hearing kicks in. o_O (She is a good cook though.)
It was good. She used some black ketchup in it. (It's like a sweet soy sauce used a lot in Dutch cooking.) (LINK if you might be interested.)
I like Pork better than Chicken, myself. ;) She could eat chicken every day, me, not so much. LOL!
Keep making beautiful food! :)

Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
Well, if I ever question her, I get an answer like," After 50 years of cooking...." Then my selective hearing kicks in. o_O (She is a good cook though.)
It was good. She used some black ketchup in it. (It's like a sweet soy sauce used a lot in Dutch cooking.) (LINK if you might be interested.)
I like Pork better than Chicken, myself. ;) She could eat chicken every day, me, not so much. LOL!
Keep making beautiful food! :)
Haha my other half has that kind of hearing problem I think. He also likes chicken over most meats but he's happy to eat anything I cook just to get fed haha. She sounds it... I might have to try that black ketchup, thanks for the link ;)
I will try my very best :D

Sorry I'm so late, but That is a Beautiful Plate of Food!!:)
Nice Job Charlotte!!
Like.

Bear

Those chops look out of sight! i grilled some PC over the weekend myself. We are going to eat them tonight with some company from church. I doubt our plates will be so pretty as your but i hope the eatin is as good! great job Charlotte!

Happy Smoking (Grilling),
phatbac (Aaron)

Those chops look out of sight! i grilled some PC over the weekend myself. We are going to eat them tonight with some company from church. I doubt our plates will be so pretty as your but i hope the eatin is as good! great job Charlotte!

Happy Smoking (Grilling),
phatbac (Aaron)
Awww thanks Aaron!
Taste is the most important anyway and I know you've got that checked... I'm just addicted to pretty colours...also I tend to eat a little less when I've made it look all pretty, rather than load up my plate :D

The chops look fantastic!
How "well" did you cook those chops?
I ask because many people overcook the crap out of pork chops and pork chops are one of those cuts that changes drastically as it gets more cooked, unless it's the super thin ones cooked to some crispness in a skillet, mmmmm.

I always tell people to cook their chops to safe IT medium temp. I swear to them that my medium cooked pork chops will rival a steak!

The chops look fantastic!
How "well" did you cook those chops?
I ask because many people overcook the crap out of pork chops and pork chops are one of those cuts that changes drastically as it gets more cooked, unless it's the super thin ones cooked to some crispness in a skillet, mmmmm.

I always tell people to cook their chops to safe IT medium temp. I swear to them that my medium cooked pork chops will rival a steak!
Hi tallbm,
Thanks for stopping by...I pulled them off at 140°F then allowed to rest to 145°F.
First time cooking pork chops on the bbq but if I had to compare to a steak I would say they were 'medium well' no pink but they were plenty juicy enough for me and would easily beat my oven cooked ones any day of the week!!
My OH loves steak but he has asked for more pork chops cooked exactly like this :D

Hi tallbm,
Thanks for stopping by...I pulled them off at 140°F then allowed to rest to 145°F.
First time cooking pork chops on the bbq but if I had to compare to a steak I would say they were 'medium well' no pink but they were plenty juicy enough for me and would easily beat my oven cooked ones any day of the week!!
My OH loves steak but he has asked for more pork chops cooked exactly like this :D

You are nailing it right on the money at 140-145F!
I buy center cut loin chops (from the backstrap of the pig not to be confused with tenderlion) at 2 inch (5.08cm) thick chops and I butterfly them and grill. I season with Salt, Pepper, Onion, and Garlic and man they are to die for!

Keep posting on your pork chop adventures, I'm sure you will discover how good they can be!

And in honor of great pork chops being eaten it makes me think of the words of my grade 7-8 football team (grid iron) would chant on the bus after we would win a game at the opposing teams field:
"PORK CHOP, PORK CHOP, greasy, greasy, Your football team was so easy, easy!" :P hahahahahahahaha we were ridiculous :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky