Pork Butt Injection Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

excusame

Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
My Smoking Brothers.....looking for a good injection recipe for a 9 pound pork butt. I'd prefer not to "experiment" with a recipe I randomly pull off the internet. No fears about trying one out from this site.

I'll have to let some others weight in, I don't inject pork butt.  They seem to stay plenty moist without.

I agree with you that the meat is moist. I'm just experimenting with different flavor profiles.

I go straight apple juice. Stay away from anything acid
Vinager or pineapple juice. It will make the meat mushy
Here is a SURPRISE for you!...JJ

Approximate pH...

Lemon Juice      2.0-2.6

Cider Vinegar    3.1-3.3

Pineapple Juice  3.3-3.6

Orange Juice     3.3-4.2

Apple Juice        3.3-4.0 
jaw-dropping.gif
 The Same pH, just more sugar.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatbac
If I'm going to inject, I simmer some of the rub in apple juice for a few minutes, cool it down in the fridge and use that as an injection.

equal parts, Pineapple juice, Kahlua, and Malibu rum.... add a little rub to it, let set for an hour before injecting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky