popcorn for timberjet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

susieqz

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
high plains
didn't know where to post this, hope i'm in the right place.

anyway, the other day, timber was saying he liked movie style popcorn.

i was gonna send him a  PM, but i thot maybe there's guys here who spend all their time doing insane mods to perfectly good smokers,

n forgetting the important things, like popcorn.

this isn't a recipe. you know how to make popcorn. heat a heavy pot, add oil, toss in kernels  cover n shake once in a while.

popcorn happens.

to make movie style popcorn, the best you ever had, change ingredients.

most important, use extra virgin coconut oil to pop the corn.. that's the big secret. the movies have used that for years.

for a while, it was considered bad for you, now it's a super food, so who knows. i'm talking taste here.

in fact, you probably think you need butter on popcorn, but melt some of this n pour it on.  you will be impressed.

the other trick is to use popcorn salt. it's very fine grained, with some additives. i put some of this in with the coconut oil when it

melts then when the popcorn is done, i salt to taste.

two layers of coconut oil, two layers of salt.

perfect.

hugzzz, timber.

make sure you get extra virgin. if you melt some n add to fruit you'll get a hint of coconut, but none on popcorn.

Sounds good. We use alot of coconut oil n milk.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky