Pit Boss Sportsman 1100 on the way.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Diesel, this five day e-course may be right up your alley. @TulsaJeff did a great job of putting it together. I know I learned a ton.

Yeah I was going to look into that class. Thanks for the link & info. I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Reactions: Colin1230
I agree with the others on pit boss pellets. Not bad just not the best. Tragger and pit boss have about equal quality in pellets. Not a fan of Kingsford either.
Bear Moutain, Oklahoma Joe's are my go to pellets. I hope to find Lumber Jack in my area soon.
A general rule of thumb is darker pellets, that are a bit shinny just work better.

I agree with the others on pit boss pellets. Not bad just not the best. Tragger and pit boss have about equal quality in pellets. Not a fan of Kingsford either.
Bear Moutain, Oklahoma Joe's are my go to pellets. I hope to find Lumber Jack in my area soon.
A general rule of thumb is darker pellets, that are a bit shinny just work better.
Thanks. Yeah I've read & heard others say the shinier the pellets & the longer the pellets the better. Or better quality at least.

Congrats! My cousin runs a couple Pit Boss smokers and really likes them… I will also suggest LumberJack pellets… I’ve tried about every brand you can think of… LumberJack turns out good smoke and burns cleaner than other pellets in my opinion!

Reactions: DieselTech
Congrats! My cousin runs a couple Pit Boss smokers and really likes them… I will also suggest LumberJack pellets… I’ve tried about every brand you can think of… LumberJack turns out good smoke and burns cleaner than other pellets in my opinion!
Thanks. Yeah I am going to check out Wally World & see if they carry Lumberjack brand pellets. If they don't it's on to Topeka to Academy. I know they got them.

I found a place to get lumberjack pellets & B&B brand pellets. Of course like usual it's 40miles away. Lmao all the good stores are 40+ miles away.
You must live in western Kansas. I grew up in the little town of Johnson, in the SW corner. Not quite to the edge of the world but you can see it from there! 😆

You must live in western Kansas. I grew up in the little town of Johnson, in the SW corner. Not quite to the edge of the world but you can see it from there! 😆
I'll get you even closer! I live 40miles north of Topeka Kansas. Yeah western Kansas is kinda out there in the sticks, where all the outlaws & cattle rustlers once owned.

Would love to get out that way & do some dirt fishing.

• Haha
Reactions: Colin1230
I'll get you even closer! I live 40miles north of Topeka Kansas. Yeah western Kansas is kinda out there in the sticks, where all the outlaws & cattle rustlers once owned.

Would love to get out that way & do some dirt fishing.
Yep, out there where the hoot owls screw the chickens and there is a naked woman behind every tree.

• Haha
After my burn off on my new grill, they say to season it with some type of high temp cooking oil.

Do any of you advise against using bacon grease? What is your guys & gals thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Well finally got a email that my Sportsman 1100 grill has shipped & on its way. Lmao I bet it takes another week before it arrives.

Lol if you find the fine print on Pit Boss website, it mentions a 8-15day processing time.

Man I can't wait. Got soo many things I want to try.

Well finally got a email that my Sportsman 1100 grill has shipped & on its way. Lmao I bet it takes another week before it arrives.

Lol if you find the fine print on Pit Boss website, it mentions a 8-15day processing time.

Man I can't wait. Got soo many things I want to try.
I suggest you start with small amounts of meat first. Maybe, a single slab of ribs or a 3-4 # chuck roast.
You will soon realize the simplicity of pellet grill operation. I have a large wood burner as well as the pellet grill. The wood burner sits idle now.

I suggest you start with small amounts of meat first. Maybe, a single slab of ribs or a 3-4 # chuck roast.
You will soon realize the simplicity of pellet grill operation. I have a large wood burner as well as the pellet grill. The wood burner sits idle now.
Yeah I'm going to do some burgers 1st. Then some ribs. I really want to make some smoked chickens.

Oh I can't wait, like a fat kid in a candy store!!!😝😜🤪😜

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky