PID Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Re: posts 16 and 17 -

Where in the thread was the suggestion of Wire nuts first mentioned ?

Post 16?

Used for what connection, located where?

I thought the disscussion was in the direction of wondering how much wattage was needed, now allasudden some specific connection somewhere is being discussed.

It's like I have a post(s) missing.

Kirby - Clarify please - Sounds like you are considering Auber.

A plug and play unit, or buying parts and putting together one yourself?

Marc
Hi Marc,
Sorry for the late reply - Summer was here and been very busy. Now that fall is here I have the following plans on my smoker: I went down to the local appliance store and they let me rob some elements out of a newer stove they were recycling. So I have this oven element that I need to put in this smoker. Not sure how to mount it but I do have a dedicated 220 line that was hooked up to my hot tub. And to clarify, I am going to go with an Auber. To me, that seems to be the best way to go. Any thoughts? This is going to happen pretty fast as hunting season is in full swing and I need to have a reliable heat source...

Have you had any thought about running this on pellets? Buying a pellet hopper assemble and mounting it through the side. I did this to an old propane vertical cabinet and absolutely love it... the cost is a bit high but you could always use the unit in a different smoker down the road.

Attachments

• 19FF5F1C-C92B-48FB-AEA0-6443734B142B.jpeg
    19FF5F1C-C92B-48FB-AEA0-6443734B142B.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 8A2F2202-B50A-4C8E-BE8C-A5DD756B539F.jpeg
    8A2F2202-B50A-4C8E-BE8C-A5DD756B539F.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 14
Have you had any thought about running this on pellets? Buying a pellet hopper assemble and mounting it through the side. I did this to an old propane vertical cabinet and absolutely love it... the cost is a bit high but you could always use the unit in a different smoker down the road.
I already have a Green Mountain Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett and I use the Boone a lot to smoke smaller quantities. This is a pretty good size Freezer and has plenty of room to do a lot of meat at one time. I am using an A-Maze-N smoker tray with pellets but I need a consistent heat source for longer cooking times without adding too much smoke. As you can see, my green mountain is modified so I can hang sausages and jerkey, but I need more space that is the reason for the larger smoker.
View attachment 340162 View attachment 340163 chest3.JPG summersausage1.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky