Paw paw butter.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
I though I had posted this here. Paw paw, Indian banana, Hillbilly mangos or what ever you call them. I have always loved them but find them hard to eat. You can't eat the skin like a mango and they have these huge kidney bean like seeds getting in the way in most of the fruit.

I finally found a recipe and a way to prepare them easily. I was late to the show this year and spent too much time deer hunting and waited to late to collect them. I only got enough to make a pint, but OMG this stuff is amazing. My daughter said we are processing 2 5 gallon buckets next year! The full story is here.

pawpaw5_s.jpg

pawpaw-butter-recipe.png

Reactions: Aledavidov
Awesome. As a kid in Ohio I used to play in a nearby woods. There was a small sound of these trees. Always loved them. Very tropical tasting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky