Package from Fire it Up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rivet

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 25, 2008
The "Show Me" state
Got home today and found an unexpected box on the porch. Hmmm, it was for me, and I recognized the return location. Hadn't been expecting anything, hadn't been in an exchange...... why the box?

Mrs Rivet's reply was "Because YOU MUST be running low on spices and probably ordered some more" as she smiled and rolled her eyes.

Not the real reason, though one can never have too many sauces and spices
biggrin.gif

Reason is 'cause FiU's an all-round nice guy. A while back when I sent him a couple jars of my Satan's Salsa to try, I threw in a few items I thought he'd like to check out without him knowing until he got the package. He's just doing the same thing...we're like that!

Good stuff here...

A pack of his local chipotles (great stuff for everything), 2 packs of his dried peppers- Thai and Serranos mixed and Cayennes. Several jars of spiced condiments- can't wait to try the habanero mustard. I'm a mustard freak and any mustard is good mustard, I say!

Immediately dove into Zapata's salsa, never heard of it before. Had a bag of Funyons and dipped them in~ wow, went GREAT together! Good chunky salsa with plenty of visible spices mixed in. Loads of flavour and he sent the mild version so Mrs Rivet was able to enjoy it too!

Got a kick out of the TastyKakes....I haven't eaten one in probably 10 to 12 years at least. Course I had one twin-pack of each after supper ....I'd forgotten how good they are!

Thanks for the surprise, Bud! Much appreciated!

Cool Stuff... The Habanero Mustard sounds Hot... It all looks Great...

Glad you enjoyed it John.
Wasn't quite sure how many folks had even heard of Tasty Kakes since they are more around our area and don't generally ship them more than a few states away.
Havent tried the habanero mustard but I love their chipotle mustard so figured the habanero had to be good.

Oh yes I have been enjoying it immensely.

TastyKakes were everywhere growing up in Virginia along with Little Debbies. Loved them both, and these really brought back some memories, thanks!

Crumbled up some Serrano/Thais on some scrambled eggs this morning- outstanding peppers, Jim. You did a great job of raising, drying and packing them, thank you.

I tried a spoonful of the Habanero Mustard this morning~ Woo-Hoo and Wow!!
tongue.gif
That's some good stuff; no, this is OUTSTANDING stuff!

This mustard is now, definitely, my favourite non-plain-yellow mustard (Koops being my favorite plain yellow) The flavour was evenly balanced between a brown, dark, mustardy richness and the tempered heat of a decent dollop of Habanero. This is definitely NOT a novice's mustard....this is for the chiliheads only!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Good grief, the taste just keeps on giving, mustard, hints of vinegar, gentle waves of heat....I definitely think this is perfect for a thick roast beef and swiss on pumpernickle. That's the ticket. This is something I'd dip my oven roasted chicken drumstick into and love it.

Give it a taste Jim, you're gonna be hooked too!

That is a great haul you got there. I just gotta ask - where did ya find that Baconnaise? I thought I had seen everything mayo. That looks like it would be really good.

What a great review, now I have to give it a try.
I was browsing for things to ship to you and came across it, first time our store has carried the habanero and I immediately thought it might be something you would enjoy, glad you did. If you run low just let me know, I'd be happy to ship you out more.

One of the Supermarkets around here carry Bacon salt but never had carried baconnaise until now, I was just shocked that they had it so I tossed it in the box. Picked up a jar for myself and gave it a try and honestly I didn't think it was all that great but as with bacon salt (they are both vegetarian, kosher and low sodium) it didn't quite have a real bacon flavor. Bacon salt is ok but on an Italian hoagie it is amazing, guess I'll have to try baconnaise on a hoagie and see how it tastes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky