Oxtail and Collard Greens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Well David DRKsmoking DRKsmoking I finally got er done! Oxtail and greens where both very good. Thanks for the recipes. You could smell that rub at every step. Used mesquite pellets and chips. That been my go to for beef lately. I'm thinking of taking that braising liquid and putting in blender with veg's. Should be able to make something from it? Ah I just took another look at your post and seen you made gravy from it. That would of sent it over the top!

IMG_20240514_074644565_HDR.jpg IMG_20240514_111832096.jpg

IMG_20240514_111959918.jpg IMG_20240514_162539172.jpg

IMG_20240514_162812074.jpg IMG_20240514_163352147.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful plate Brian!! I remember David's, DRKsmoking DRKsmoking , original thread and you did that the justice it deserves. I remember when oxtails were cheap to buy, not anymore. They're about the same price as ribeyes now, but I'm putting this on my list, anyway...

Well Brian , first off thank you for the mention.

That looks perfect, and yes the smells and flavours were out of this world .
You are making me want to add this to my list for an up coming meal.
Yours looks as tender as I remember it .

It was a big winner for me , and I bet it was for you also.

David

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003
Well Brian , first off than you for the mention.

That looks perfect, and yes the smells and flavours were out of this world .
You are making me want to add this to my list for an up coming meal.
Yours looks as tender as I remember it .

It was a big winner for me , and I bet it was for you also.

David
I put some of that broth over lefts overs yesterday. Man was that good. They had a decent amount of meat on them. Those greens are also so good.

Looks real good Brian, and DRKsmoking DRKsmoking Dave has some good recipes posted. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky