One Grill Rotisserie Flat Basket Fix for 5/16" Spit Rods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana
One Grill wanted me to try out a fix for their standard flat basket.

The basket is a "universal fit" but if you have a 3/8 or 5/16 spit rod it pretty much
frusty.gif
sucked arse because the thumb screws would just slide off the spit rod.

The "fix" is sliding on a different sized nut on the thumb screw.

The nuts for the flat basket is a 10-32. The basket thumb screw is a 10-24. This allows the nut to thread on, but seizes the nut to the threads flush with the top of the thumbscrew. From now on OneGrill will ship out those nuts with the basket for use with those that use a 5/16" spit rod which is most of the kettle users. i.e (Weber type kits)

I've been recommending the Menards basket but now for the baskets that are currently available I'm liking the SS OneGrills much better. It's much better metal and the tabs where the thumb screw go through won't bend like the Menards and it's SS so none of that cancer causing agent that they spray on the other.

So for now the Menards is going on the shelf for a backup if it's ever needed.

I want a basket,but 14 seems a little short, I think 18 might fit on a 22.5 kettle. I need to measure sometime.

I want a basket,but 14 seems a little short, I think 18 might fit on a 22.5 kettle. I need to measure sometime.

It could be bigger. You have a 18 inch basket your looking at? Baskets are hard to find.

It could be bigger. You have a 18 inch basket your looking at? Baskets are hard to find.
There's no 18" baskets out there ...but One Grill will soon.   I'm going to have one coming out eventually that will adjust from 12-20" plus be 3" deep and will spin  two baskets at the same time.  (US patent pending)

Last edited:

No basket in mind. But with a 22.5 kettle I would want something bigger then 14" 18" was just a guess without measuring what would fit.

No basket in mind. But with a 22.5 kettle I would want something bigger then 14" 18" was just a guess without measuring what would f
No worries because I know for certain you'll be able to do a TON more with some new rotisserie products coming out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky