Old people screw up.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Well, I decide to take a fast trip down my stairs didn't do too well. Nothing broken but if it is attached to my body it is bruised. I mean I took a real beating. 7 stiches in my head which they had to use a nail gun to put in. Well life is life especially the older you get.

Warren

Happy to hear you survived Warren. Did you get stitches or staples?

Chris

Dang Warren! Hope all is OK. I pulled an "Old Man Moment" last month when I decided I didn't like a door frame in my house. I though a swift kick would fix it. WRONG! Broken pinky toe!

• Wow
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Ouch!!!

I only made one mistake in my life.
That time I thought I was wrong, but found out later I was right. :emoji_grin:

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
Warren, 7 stitches? OUCH!! Next time have the doctor use a MIG welder.......oops Sorry, thought this was an old Chevy truck forum.

But seriously, what has happen to you is something many of us are due for. We need to think more about our limitations.

Reactions: JLeonard
WOW Warren, that was quite a fall. Things can happen so fast.
Bruised and beat up for sure with a tumble down the stairs, and you probably got yelled at for bleeding on the floor. What were you thinking.

Really, hope you heal quick. Be careful out there.

David

Spiker or finish gun, I find the finish nailer does a neater job on flesh, just saying
1708860106921.png
1708860175881.png

I feel for you.

This put in the ER 12 years ago
I keep it unrepaired as a reminder to go easy down the basement stairs.

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_062930789.jpg
    IMG_20240225_062930789.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: crazymoon
I took a fall outside 2 years ago. Broke a rib and, bone in my hand and bruised heck out of the rest of the ribs. VA decided We needed grab bars installed in the bathroom. After I found out how handy and useful they were we ended up with 4 0r 5 more around the house, top of the basement stairs, etc. Also put a hand rain on the basement stairs even though there is a wall on one side and shelves on the other. Hope you guys heal fast and for the rest, don't wait till you need them to put those grab bars up like I did, do it now.

Well, I decide to take a fast trip down my stairs didn't do too well. Nothing broken but if it is attached to my body it is bruised. I mean I took a real beating. 7 stiches in my head which they had to use a nail gun to put in. Well life is life especially the older you get.

Warren
Dayummmmmm... so glad the only stair i have is getting in the front door. Hope they gave ya some good stuff to roll back the pain.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky