OK, So it's been 15 hours and my brisket is only at 165 degrees??? What gives???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
what is the temp in your smoker?  I did a 10# last weekend and in 8 hours  was at 165, then wrapped it in foil, and went another 3 until it got till 195 degrees  - I use a trager wood pellet and both the trager and the Maverick showed 225 the whole way - Maybe your temperature is alot lower than you think!

The culprit I think is maybe the fact that I did not wrap it in foil! I checked the temp with different thermometers and they all read with a degree or two at 225, I am going to try another one with all the ideas I got from this site and hope for the best, it took me a few tries on my pulled pork also but I have it down now..... It's the newbie in me

The foil wouldn't make it come to temp any faster. It could have something to do with your dryness. Make sure and check your grate temp... the temp right where the meat is sitting. Something is tellin me your not smoking as hot as you think you are. Especially if you do it again with the same results... you may pick up a piece of meat everynow and then that refuses to reach an internal temp you want but not that often. I ran into one of those one time and it was wierd. Just wouldn't get done. Just make sure your checking your smoking temp at the grate where the meat is. Good luck.

Thanks! I will crack a cold beer, pull up a chair and try it again, at least I got to eat off it for a while..... Dry or not, Still tasted good
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

It was indeed a tough piece of meat. Was it cut from beef cattle or from a dinosaur?
..... more like shoe leather! lol

Thanks! I will crack a cold beer, pull up a chair and try it again, at least I got to eat off it for a while..... Dry or not, Still tasted good
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
That is the beuty of this "addiction", you can eat your failures, and each failure gives you an excuse to try it again! (talk about self fulfilling prophecy... lol)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky