OH WOW! THE McRIB IS BACK!.....yuck.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So we have 34 liars.......
ROTF.gif
. Squidward said he didnt like the crabby pattie...... but he really, really, really did....LOL

Last edited:
I don't mean this as an advertisement but......around here the only good fast food place is In and Out Burger.  Everything is fresh and they pay their workers more than other fast food joints ( and well they should, here the place is jumpin from opening to closing.)

I love in and out burger...give me a double double animal style any day of the week. We don't have them here in Colorado because they would have to put a warehouse here because everything is shipped to the stores fresh! Amazing concept! Great stuff though. We just got a maidright here though. Yum! Haven't had it since I was a kid visiting Illinois. We also just got 1 steak and shake. Yum again!

What part of the chicken is the nugget? Always liked that one.
[size=+1]These two paragraphs are taken directly from The Omnivore's Dilemma:[/size]

[size=+1]"The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability.[/size]

[size=+1]According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable.[/size]

[size=+1]But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill."[/size]

[size=+1]Bet you never thought that was in your chicken McNuggets!   Still like that one?[/size]

Last edited:
Okay...I don't know why but when the McRib is at McEnimas I just gotta have one!!!!  ONE

My wife says I'm nuts and maybe I am, or maybe I'm just hoping that the next one will actually taste like bbq, hard to say.

I know I can get really good que at home but there is just something about that dang McRib - ah well - thank goodness all que doesn't taste like that!

Cheers!

I meant the saying. Can't stand the nuggets.

These two paragraphs are taken directly from The Omnivore's Dilemma:

"The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability.

According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable.

But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill."

Bet you never thought that was in your chicken McNuggets!   Still like that one?

Last edited:
I can't stand fast food period. And all ya all are worried about smoking meat is bad for you.
I think they should ban half the food these places sell. Heck I remember when they made them change their fry oils and now they allow this crap to be ingested by our kids. Think about this, Ill bet that all that stuff that's in those products is the root cause of AD/HD. Because we didn't see much of it till they changed everything.

I still remember when they announced that the sun could cause skin cancer and or smoking kills people.  Wow anyone old enough to remember cars without seatbelts being used? Kids in the back of pickup trucks.

Just saying that we may need to investigate some of these so called bad things to see if they are really bad. Maybe that is a new reality show for TLC or Bravo...

I still remember when they announced that the sun could cause skin cancer and or smoking kills people.  Wow anyone old enough to remember cars without seatbelts being used? Kids in the back of pickup trucks.

Just saying that we may need to investigate some of these so called bad things to see if they are really bad. Maybe that is a new reality show for TLC or Bravo...
Going down a pot marked dirt road in the back of a pickup going 40 mph beats any amusement park ride today.  
super.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky