Nice muff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
..ins! Classic cheddar, sausage, onion and eggs muffins! So easy, so good!
20230226_113641.jpg

Just sprayed the pan, sprinkled the bottom with cheddar, diced an onion and browned up with a pound of sausage. Beat 8-10 eggs like they owe you money, pour in pan, then add browned sausage and onions and top with cheese. Oven @350° for 20 minutes. I'm a big fan of adding a drop or two of chiltpolte Tabasco or Frank's on mine.

Saw a German lady's youtube recipe where she did the same but lined the muffin tray with small tortillas (Ja, Sie haben tortillas en Deutschland.) Made them easier to serve on a more formal tray. I assume these don't hold their shape well during tray removal?

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Saw a German lady's youtube recipe where she did the same but lined the muffin tray with small tortillas (Ja, Sie haben tortillas en Deutschland.) Made them easier to serve on a more formal tray. I assume these don't hold their shape well during tray removal?

We make these a lot. They hold their shape well. Good finger food for on the way to the lake. Also freeze well for quick camping bites.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Right out of the oven they might get a little loose on you, but give them a couple minutes to cool off to a safe eating temperature and they pop right out and stay together. Im guessing what really helps with this is the light layer of cheese at the base. I had thought about trying english muffins for the base, but A we were out and B I was going for less carbs. Having said that, later on when there were just a few left, I really wanted to heat one up on a toasted english muffin lol. I imagine cutting a couple up and topping a bagel wouldnt suck either!

Hmmm, I thought the cheese bottoms meant you better get them out of the pan quick before the "glue cures".

Hmmm, I thought the cheese bottoms meant you better get them out of the pan quick before the "glue cures".
Well, the pan is sprayed and the cheese gets a bit oily when it's heated up. Pop right out for me.

Reactions: bill1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky