Morton tender quick salt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've always been a tender quick guy. If you learn how to use it IMO it makes a better tasting product than adding salt and cure #1 to a recipe. Just my 2 cents. Follow chopsaws instructions, you cant go wrong.
Made my first sausages with TQ.

Since then have cured with #1 and #2, but TQ is my go-to for dried beef and bacon(if dry curing). I know Morton doesn't recommend TQ for bacon anymore, but I still use it knowing the risk.

Love Morton's Gepochelte recipe!

Wintertime staple.

Made my first sausages with TQ.

Since then have cured with #1 and #2, but TQ is my go-to for dried beef and bacon(if dry curing). I know Morton doesn't recommend TQ for bacon anymore, but I still use it knowing the risk.

Love Morton's Gepochelte recipe!

Wintertime staple.
Great, another thing I have to look up! Gepochelte, hhhmmm :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: DieselTech
So is this a fact? Or how do you know? Never heard this before.

Ryan
Not dissing Owens (no experience with them), but I was searching through PS Seasonings catalog of mixes and noticed similar names between the two. Further investigation of ingredients labeling and they are identical. PS Seasoning is also a huge private labeling company. Someone posted back some time that Cabelas seasoning are also (or were) from PS Seasonings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky