Newbie jerky question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iceman6409

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Rochester, NY
Hi all. I have a jerky canon from LEM and have made jerky and sticks before using their seasoning. However I used only ground beef as the meat. Could you recommend another meat mixture? Thinking about a 5lb batch. Perhaps ground beef and ground pork sausage or something. Only interested in a softer meat so deer meat and such probably is not a good choice for me I am thinking. Thank you

I've made jerky from all ground beef, 50/50 ground beef and ground pork, and all ground pork. Not much difference between the 100% beef and the 50/50 beef and pork. The all pork were good too, just a different taste.
If you grind the venison, it should work fine.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky