Newbie jerky question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iceman6409

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Rochester, NY
Hi all. I have a jerky canon from LEM and have made jerky and sticks before using their seasoning. However I used only ground beef as the meat. Could you recommend another meat mixture? Thinking about a 5lb batch. Perhaps ground beef and ground pork sausage or something. Only interested in a softer meat so deer meat and such probably is not a good choice for me I am thinking. Thank you

I've made jerky from all ground beef, 50/50 ground beef and ground pork, and all ground pork. Not much difference between the 100% beef and the 50/50 beef and pork. The all pork were good too, just a different taste.
If you grind the venison, it should work fine.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky