Newbie from St Cloud,MN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

neut68

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
St Cloud,MN
Hello from St Cloud,MN. I just purchased my first smoker yesterday and am looking forward to trying it out. I purchased the Masterbuilt 30 inch Electric Smokehouse... Anyone have any user tips for me with this unit?   Thank you...

Glad you joined us Neut68!
welcome1.gif

Masterbuilt electrics are good smokers, do yourself a favor and order a A-MAZE-N smoker to add to it right away, you will order one later anyway... www.amazenproducts.com The right quality, consistent smoke that an electric smoker can not provide on warmer days when the heating element isn't turning on.

welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Here's a whole bunch of tips on the MES:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search.php?search=mes+30

MossyMO,

I will make sure purchase the tube smoker right away.. Do i also need to order the pellets and or sawdust or can i use chips that i have already purchased?

Hello Neut68 and 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF - glad to have you here

The tube smoker is not the correct smoker for a MES - you want the AMNPS pellet smoker for an MES 

MossyMO,

I will make sure purchase the tube smoker right away.. Do i also need to order the pellets and or sawdust or can i use chips that i have already purchased?
With a tube smoker you will want pellets. Not sure if Todd or anyone has ever tried sawdust in a tube, would be interested in hearing the results. If no one replies maybe I will try that...

The Tube Smoker puts out too much smoke for the MES

Go with the AMNPS

I haven't tried sawdust in the Tube Smoker, and don't know why it wouldn't work.  Sawdust will burn faster than pellets.

TJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky