Newbie from Central Michigan

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by dannich, May 9, 2008.

1. dannich

dannich Newbie

Hi All I am from Central Michigan
    I stumbled upon the forums here to learn a thing or two bout smokin some fine dining. I am using a Masterbuilt electric smokehouse.
    I have smoked alot of salami and jerky etc. But I want to start smoking some larger cuts of meat.
    Loins, brisket etc.
    I hope you all are patient with the likes of a newcomer and I hope to learn alot here

Thanks

Dan [​IMG]

2. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the greatest place on earth! You will learn more than you thought possible, by accident, than anywhere else. This is a great place and the help you will get is incredible. Just by reading the threads I've tried countless recipes and methods and have improved my skills greatly.

3. mofo

mofo Meat Mopper

Welcome to one of the most friendliest and helpful places on the planet! You will enjoy everything about the SMF!

4. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Dan, Hello from Plymouth. You are in the correct location. The SMF has been there and done that so folks can learn and avoid common challenges. Ask questions. Also, learn how to search the forums as many of us started just like this.

The 5 day e-course is free and very helpful. Jeff's rub recipes are a great start too.

5. hardluck

hardluck Newbie SMF Premier Member

welcome aboard from macomb, we use the same bbq unit, but it is new with me also. will let you know when i learn something.[​IMG]

6. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum.

7. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum. You have came to the right place to learn. Everyone here is always so helpfull.
    May all your smokes be thin and blue.
    Andy.

8. lcruzen

lcruzen Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Howdy neighbor! Welcome to the SMF.

9. bull

bull Fire Starter

Welcome to the forum.

I hail from the Lansing area!

10. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF from SW michigan. Good to have another Michigander here, cept I am a WMU fan![​IMG]

You'll have info overload here if your not carefull!

11. zzerru

zzerru Meat Mopper

Heya, welcome aboard from A2!

12. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Dan![​IMG]

13. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the smf..............Great place we have here..........You have come to the right place to learn about smoking and making great food...........