New to smoking

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by jakslax, Jun 8, 2007.

1. jakslax

jakslax Newbie

Well I am new to smoking. I got a smoker from a cousin and well I dont know how to use it. It is an electric smoker. He gave me wood chips and and charcoal with wood chips in it. I attached some pics to show you what the smoker looks like. Can you guys help me out on how to set it up and get it going. I am looking to start by making pulled pork. I have been checking out all your guys recipes and they are making my mouth water. Cant wait to get my smoker going. Thanks for all your help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

3. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

HELLO HELLO,
    UNDER THE HEADING OF SMS LATEST REVIEWS===

READ MY REVIEW FOR MY CHAR-BROIL ELECTRIC SMOKER

THIS SHOULD GIVE SOME GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRIC SMOKERS..

[​IMG]

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Looks like any other water smoker. ANything listed for a ECB should work as well.

put water in the water pan
    put wood chips or chucks on the wood pan
    turn it on
    bring it up to temperature
    let it stabilize
    put eat meat
    drool
    drool
    drool
    eat!

5. ......................Thats it in a nutshell.........I have an R2D2[​IMG] Brinkmann Gourmet Electric (ECB) that bears a close resemblance to yours. I have taken a beer can chicken holder and turned it upside down over the heating element to facilitate adding chunks of wood. You don't have to worry about the chunks resting on the element and its easier to add them thru the little door. I wish you all good luck and keep on smokin !![​IMG]