New to forum w/ a Chargriller Duo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brianbac3

Original poster
Jun 28, 2017
Wilmington, MA
Hi everybody. New to the forum and to smoking. Just got a Chargriller Duo with the side firebox. Looked in detail at the mods posted by others on here. For starters I'm gonna make a baffle plate similar to the one you can order online, dual thermometers on either side. Wondering about thoughts on chimney extension to grate level, or do you think plate will work alone. I've already sealed all holes and openings with proper silicone. I also ran nomex tape around firebox and charcoal side lids. Gonna start here and see how it goes. When looking for temp control what should be used more, firebox damper or chimney swivel cover? Thanks in advance.

Below is pic of baffle plate that I'm gonna try to copy

Brian, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here and looking to turn your CG Duo into the perfect smoker.  Have fun with the mods and ask any question you have.  It will get answered.  Ask your questions over in the Charcoal and Propane sections to get a quicker answer. 

Enjoy the forum!

Ray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky