New to area and smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkarschnik

Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
Hello all!

I've just moved a bit further south to the Atlanta area from Wilmington, NC, so I'm no stranger to BBQ. When we sold our last house, I told my wife that my payoff for repainting, tiling, woodworking, and redoing pretty much everything was a new Weber genesis and a Masterbuilt smokehouse along with a cold smoker. So I'm set. I've got all the accessories, and I've been grilling for a long time. I'm familiar with rubs, mops, and sauces, and am learning my way around the art of really grilling effectively. I am, however, totally new to smoking. Open to ideas and to any events locally to meet people with similar interests. Thanks.

Welcome Karschnik!!  
welcome1.gif

Here's some things you can do with your Masterbuilt Smokehouse, in Step by Step form:

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Welcome from SC. With that shopping list of cookers, why not get a stick burner and have the best for smoking. That's my $0.02. I'm sure you will enjoy this site and all of the great folks that are eager to share their ideas, tips, recipes and anything else that you may need. All you have to do is ask. Good luck and good smoking, Joe.

Welcome from SC. With that shopping list of cookers, why not get a stick burner and have the best for smoking. That's my $0.02. I'm sure you will enjoy this site and all of the great folks that are eager to share their ideas, tips, recipes and anything else that you may need. All you have to do is ask. Good luck and good smoking, Joe.

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to learning more about smoking. Surprising that there's not more bbq down here really. Unfortunately one of the reasons I picked up the electric was time constraints bit I'd like to do a wood smoker at some point.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum,  from another hot day in East Texas and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky