New smoker from Enid OK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raypeel

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Enid OK
My name is Ray. Have have grilled and cooked for many years and now I'd like to smoke. This site is amazing with all of the info and I look forward to my first smoke (this weekend). The hard part is deciding what to do first. BTW how do you get to the recipe for the baked beans I keep reading about.

Ray

Welcome Ray -

How about sharing some info like - what kind of smoker are you using, where are you from?

Download Jeff's FREE 5 day Smoking Basics eCourse:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/mod...ewarticle&id=3

It'll go through the basics and get you off on the right foot!

then subscribe to Jeffâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s FREE Smoking Meat newsletter:
http://www.smoking-meat.com/subscribe.html

Then download and read Jeff's FREE How To Smoke Meat PDF it's also free and full of great information to get you going:
http://www.smoking-meat.com/how-to-smoke-meat.pdf

Enjoy!

Welcome to the SMF family
icon_exclaim.gif

Check out Jeff's 5-day ecourse, lots of good info. there
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Ray, welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here. There's a lot of folks here anxious to help you, or even learn from your knowledge. I look forward to your input.

Welcome Ray.........

I was stationed there YEARS ago........pharm tech at the base.......

back in them dayz, they would roll up the sidewalks in town at 9pm........hope its changed since then............

Wd

Welcome aboard Ray, you'll find this place the best darn smokin' site on the net! Have fun!

I have a BBQ Grillware propane smoker that I just purchased. I'm from Enid OK and love OU football. What would be a good item to start with? I'm thinking of CS pork ribs (they are on sale this week) and a fatty. My son also wants me to throw on some turkey legs.

Ray

How do I make ABT's? I have a bunch of peppers in my garden that need picked.

Ray

go to top of page ray.......pull down the search button....and type in abt's in the search page......you will come up with LOTS of stuff on abts

Wd

Hello ray, and welcome to the SMF. You'll find baked beans and a whole lot more on this great site. Be sure and checkout Jeff's 5 day ecourse, good basic reading and review.

Hi Ray!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
...Glad to have you aboard!...You're gonna love it here...

You can't beat a good pork butt for making Pulled Pork Sammiches for the game...And a butt is
very forgiving too!...It's hard to mess up a butt...Makes it easy to have a great 1st smoke!...

Try it with Florida Jeff's (SoFlaQuer,s) Finishing Sauce on the butt after pulling...And some
good coleslaw to go on the sammiches also!...

That and Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans and maybe a little potato salad on the side to round it all out!...

And ya GOTTA have ABT 's to go with it all!!...They're a MUST!...

Now that's some Mighty Good eatin'!!...

Until later...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky