New oklahoma joe smoker/grill combo (dual fuel)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theyankeesmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2017
Fairfield, CT
poking in here and seeing other peoples experience with Oklahoma joes. Got the dual fuel for those nights I work late and don't want to wait for charcoal to be ready.

When I smoke, I use logs. The issue I get is it gets way too hot in the chamber for the meat. I've had to split my.logs further and cut when possible. Its helped get the temp .down but wanted to see if anyone else has any ideas.

I split all the wood I use in my SQ36 down to about the size of a foot long 2x2 using a hand ax and single jack hammer. Smoking in AZ during the summer when it's 110º + you just can't run a big fire. Sometimes if my smoker is out in the sun the gauge on the CC will read 150º with nothing going in the firebox, adds to the challenge and fun. RAY

Reactions: theyankeesmoker
Man! I really wanted one of those Oklahoma Joe smoker and grill combo. One of my buddy has one and I grilled some dogs and burgers on it. I checked the price and that $499 scared me off. I would definitely get it while on sale but wife just purchased me a gas grill for father's day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky