Might be in trouble

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I've been researching pellet smokers for a whi
le and decided to get the rec-teq flagship 1100. If/when my wife sees the CC statement, I may be in trouble. I already own 2 hog roasters, a masterbuilt electric, Oklahoma Joe offset, 2 webber kettle grills. I keep telling her, you can't have too many options for cooking. 😂😂
Quick! Send it to me for safe keeping and avoid bruises 🤣!

I don't have the RT but have been to their facility up the.road from me.
Great folks, products and service.

Keith

le and decided to get the rec-teq flagship 1100. If/when my wife sees the CC statement, I may be in trouble. I already own 2 hog roasters, a masterbuilt electric, Oklahoma Joe offset, 2 webber kettle grills. I keep telling her, you can't have too many options for cooking. 😂😂
You fit fine in my camp.

Reactions: newbiesmoker
Once she finds it gets used more than the house oven it’s all about making sure this expensive kitchen appliances last a long time…..

Congrats! And PS wouldn’t give up my RT 1250 for notta!!!! Next to the gas burners it is the most used cooking appliance we have….

Tell her...."It was on sale! And we saved (X) dollars!" and then remind her of the shoes she bought and never wore.
And frozen peas make a great ice bag....

Jim
The only problem I have with this Jim is I have 3 times more shoes/boots than my wife…..but the frozen peas…..that will forever work!!!! LOL!!!!

My wife was skeptical when I pitched the RecTeq idea due to the cost. But it didnt take too many cooks for her to love it. Just start smokin and all will be fine.

you will love your RecTeq! Ive had an RT-700 for years and its rock solid.

I agree you can't have too many cooking toys. What you need to do is let your bride know you bought this for her for Valentines Day!

Dave.

I agree you can't have too many cooking toys. What you need to do is let your bride know you bought this for her for Valentines Day!

Dave.
…..I would pitch it the opposite……tell her it’s what she got you for Valentines Day as you hand her a dozen red roses! PS you don’t have wait till the actual day…..just because roses have many words….
IMG_7490.jpeg

…..I would pitch it the opposite……tell her it’s what she got you for Valentines Day as you hand her a dozen red roses! PS you don’t have wait till the actual day…..just because roses have many words….
View attachment 687725
Nope I like my way better. By giving her the roses you just handed her a weapon, those thorns can hurt!

Dave

, I may be in trouble.
You're gonna be in trouble for something anyway , might as well have a new cooker .

Years ago I saw a shotgun I wanted . North of $400.00 , so I figured I'd say something .
Got home , wife was in the kitchen . I sit down to take my boots off , and mention the shotgun .
She asks how much . I tell her , and after a short pause she says " Use your card and I'll transfer the money tomorrow " .
Nice . That was easy .

A week later , come home from work . Wife's in the kitchen , sit down to take my boots off , and the sun is glaring through the windows . Right in my eyes .
Wait that's not the sun ,,,,, it's a new diamond ring on the wifes finger .
Me : That new ?
Her : Yes .
Me : How much was that ?
Her $800.00
Me " Looks nice .

Lesson learned .

Last edited:
You're gonna be in trouble for something anyway , might as well have a new cooker .

Years ago I saw a shotgun I wanted . North of $400.00 , so I figured I'd say something .
Got home , wife was in the kitchen . I sit down to take my boots off , and mention the shotgun .
She asks how much . I tell here , and after a short pause she says " Use your card and I'll transfer the money tomorrow " .
Nice . That was easy .

A week later , come home from work . Wife's in the kitchen , sit down to take my boots off , and the sun is glaring through the windows . Right in my eyes .
Her $800.00
Me " Looks nice .

Lesson learned .
Well played Sir!

Dave

She asks how much . I tell here , and after a short pause she says " Use your card and I'll transfer the money tomorrow " .
Nice . That was easy .

Her $800.00
Me " Looks nice .

Lesson learned .
Price of pheasants went up that year! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky