New guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jem0272

Original poster
Mar 10, 2017
Hi Everyone. I'm 46 yrs old and live in CT. I spend alot of time outdoors and love to hunt and fish. I have been processing my own fish and game for many years now but never learned how to smoke. Many of my fellow coworkers kept impressing upon me how easy and delicious smoking was with their electric smokers so I went out and bought one. I love it but now want to build one next to my barn. I have so many questions and don't want to rush into the project without first informing myself as I have done so many times in the past. My excitement tends to get the better of me. The electric smoker is easy to operate and regulate as far as temp and smoke amounts which I like however the amount of meat u can smoke at one time is small as I just learned doing my first batch of venison summer sausage. I have plenty of cedar boards and would like to construct a smokehouse that can both be used with an electric element alone and also indirectly with a separate fire box and pipe system. Anyone have any ideas for me. I'm open to all comments and appreciate the assistance

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky