New but Old

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thc123

Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Hello, I am new to the site. I have been smoking for a few years now (Mostly Turkey) using a Weber grill, well I just got an electric Masterbuilt Smoker with the temp/timer/water pan/ wood loader... so the basic electric smoker. I love to cook / smoke / canning / gardens and anything else with preparing food.  

From and live in Iowa / USA  

I am going to try and smoke a deer loin for the first time (outside loin). I can cook it on the grill and it's amazing. No gaming taste at all !!!  I have been told by many that it is better than Prime Rib.  I do not think so myself, but it is pretty good...  

Hope I can get some help from people here and hope I can help as well....  I have cooked a few things so far on the electric smoker and some turned out and some did not.  Ribs :(  not so good... Hamburgers :)  twice and I will never simply grill them again :)   Salmon was amazing :)  

I am going to see if I can find anything on the Loin I am going to attempt to smoke... 

Happy to be here !!!   

THC123

Welcome to the site there is a bunch of good people on here. If you have any questions just ask and people will help you out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky