Need suggestions for pork but smoking for St Patty's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pkyankfan

Original poster
Mar 9, 2016
Have an 10 lbs pork shoulder I will be smoking on Sat for our St Patty's parade.... Want to serve it around 1 which puts me in weird situation, I do not want to be up all night dealing with it. I'm guessing the best way is to start Friday evening and go low and slow overnight? I'd like to be able to wrap it before I go to sleep.

Any suggestions on temp and timeframe?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have seen where a lot of guys will do them the day before and then vacuum seal it then re heat for the next day if you search reheat pulled pork there are some other good ideas

I'd start it around 5:00 PM Fri. & let it go all night. A good time estimate @ 225 is 2 hours per pound. That would include the rest time. If it gets done early just foil it & put it in a dry cooler with towels wrapped around it, and it will stay hot for 5-6 hours. If it looks like it's not going to be done in time then foil it & put it back on the smoker. It will cook faster in foil.

Don't forget the finishing sauce!

If you haven't tried Chef Jimmy J's, it's killer.

Here it is:  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/122319/jjs-finishing-sauce-awesome

Al

Last edited:
Appreciate the advice and I just made that finishing sauce, smells delicious!

Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky