Need help with Turkey Leg Brine Cure!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Terriertiger

Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Hey guys, i have about 2 hours before i toss my turkey drums into a brine i made up this morning. I plan to brine 4 large turkey drums in 1 gallon of liquid brine. However, I am having a huge issue with so many conflicting reports on the internet about how much cure to use. Some people say 1 TBS, some say 5. But the Instacure#1 packet i bought says 3 oz, which equates to about 15 tbs! I am so confused, can anyone help me out?

Hey guys, i have about 2 hours before i toss my turkey drums into a brine i made up this morning. I plan to brine 4 large turkey drums in 1 gallon of liquid brine. However, I am having a huge issue with so many conflicting reports on the internet about how much cure to use. Some people say 1 TBS, some say 5. But the Instacure#1 packet i bought says 3 oz, which equates to about 15 tbs! I am so confused, can anyone help me out?

Hi there and welcome!

I think I have you covered. I did a whole post on Turkey Drums because of exactly what you have run into. I can safely say I have it down!

Also know that the cure isn't a hardcore cure job it just transforms the drums so you can dispatch any expectations of a long cure with a care taken like with bacon. This process is much simpler and turns them drums into awesomeness :)

http://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?threads/cured-smoked-turkey-drumstricks-like-qview.264534/
index.php

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky