Naming your smoker...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hawgheaven, Jun 12, 2007.

1. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Has anyone named their smoker? People name boats, cars, trucks, sewing machines and even certain body parts. I think a smoker deserves the same respect. I have heard tales that it is supposed to be good mojo to name your beloved smoking device.

Therefore, I am definitely going to name mine. I haven't decided on one just yet, but have a couple of strong candidates: Clarence or Leola [​IMG] , in honor of my grandparents who were a very strong influence on me growing up.

Stay tuned...

2. triple b

triple b Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Sounds like an interesting idea.
    I'll give it some thought as well.
    [​IMG]

3. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hawg my smoker's name is General Lee.

4. desert smokin

desert smokin Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I concur, one's smoker should have a name. I've been thinking about naming mine for the past week and a half but have not come up with anything I like yet. Will let you know when I decide.

5. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'm still throwing a couple around .....waiting for her true personality to shine through....maybe Betsy or Natasha[​IMG]

6. I dubbed mine Piggly Wiggly the day i got it. Its lived up to its name so far

7. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I know there are a few here who have theirs named...I've pondered but I don't think I've fully realized the King Kooker's personality yet...

8. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I thought about naming it after its personality, but everytime its personality comes out, I mod the darn thing and it all changes! [​IMG]

9. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

it seems to me that here every brinkman make & model is an ecb.with our current finances mine was not cheap lol, but as far as the name goes,until i have cooked everything on it @ least once, i call it "the brink".. because until i'm used to it, i'm on the brink of either paranoia or madness, just not sure which.

10. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Actually, I've referred to my little electric one as sparky a few times, maybe I'll let that stick...[​IMG]

11. watery eyes

watery eyes Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Check my Avatar tag line....... [​IMG]

12. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

'Old Smoky' ... comes to mind ... doesn't that sound original?

Kinda like 'Betsy' for a car!

I have two R2D2s and an offset ... Smoke Vault coming! It's like naming triplets ...[​IMG]

13. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

"Puff the Magic Bradley" might work or perhaps "Huff and Puff",

14. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

My ECB's name is Baby Bink, my Smoke Valult's name is Black Beauty [​IMG]

15. crownovercoke

crownovercoke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I agree to the idea. Since I built mine, once it is finished I plan on painting the name on the side. It really is like part of the family. You create it you spend time w/ it. You clean it. And you spend money on it. Sounds alot like a child... only you dont have to save up a collage fund for it.

I have not yet decided on a name however. I will have one buy the time I get to paint it...

16. stillcajun

stillcajun Smoke Blower

I'm still trying to figure out a name for mine. I guess the whole personality thing is true.

17. I like the idea. I'll have to give it some thought.

18. rip

rip Smoking Fanatic

Okay Hawg I named it.
    Black Betty

19. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

All us custom build freaks do I think hawg...

20. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

And maybe that's why the custom folks usually name theirs... they build that in, 'cause ya have to when ya build somethingfrom scratch