Nacho momma's broil..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

POP A SMOKE

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
Panama City, Florida
London broil sous vide 132/48 and reverse seared..

..now.. who needs a sammiches.
IMG_20180404_164600.jpg
IMG_20180404_164627.jpg
IMG_20180404_164953.jpg

Whoa...that looks fantastic. why is it every time you post meat i gt hungry??

Like!
Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Keep coming back, brother... I have a couple of deliveries of Wagyu heading my way over the next couple weeks. Time to get a load of hickory moving....

Damn that looks good! Points for sure!

I swear that is the one cut of meat I have never been able to make nice and tender no matter what I do. Some people say theirs is brisket or chuck...mine is London broil. Might have to pick up an SV and give it a try again that way.

Reactions: POP A SMOKE
Looks awesome! Point. I know alot of guys are SVing chucks but I plan to SV LB when I get mine. I ruined plenty but a few times I lucked out and it is killer when done right. SV looks like the perfect tool for them.

Reactions: POP A SMOKE
Damn that looks good! Points for sure!

I swear that is the one cut of meat I have never been able to make nice and tender no matter what I do. Some people say theirs is brisket or chuck...mine is London broil. Might have to pick up an SV and give it a try again that way.

It's the only way I do a broil/top round anymore. 24 to 48 hours in a bath gives you the perfect beef for sandwiches in my opinion. I also do all my chuckies in a bath also. They turn out to be more like Rib Eye than brisket. Speaking of brisket, I have a Wagyu briskie sitting on my doorstep right now waiting on me to pick up. I plan on smoking that thing for about 3-4 hours and then tossing the flat into a bath for 72 hours. The point will take the full ride in the smoker. My last brisket was pretty much on point.. haha..

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
It's the only way I do a broil/top round anymore. 24 to 48 hours in a bath gives you the perfect beef for sandwiches in my opinion. I also do all my chuckies in a bath also. They turn out to be more like Rib Eye than brisket. Speaking of brisket, I have a Wagyu briskie sitting on my doorstep right now waiting on me to pick up. I plan on smoking that thing for about 3-4 hours and then tossing the flat into a bath for 72 hours. The point will take the full ride in the smoker. My last brisket was pretty much on point.. haha..

Got any recommendations for a good SV? I've been looking on amazon but haven't pulled the trigger yet. They all seem to have their pros and cons per the reviews.

Got any recommendations for a good SV? I've been looking on amazon but haven't pulled the trigger yet. They all seem to have their pros and cons per the reviews.

I run a Gourmia and have had good luck with it for over a year. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the Anova and others have as far as phone apps and all that. It does however have the one thing they don't...

More power.

1200 watts vs 800 watts. They claim a 5 gallon bath tops but I have pushed more than that in a cooler full of ribs and briskies with the Gourmia. It turns over a gallon and a half of water per minute and I have never seen the temp deviate a degree and best of all, it doesn't take any time to reach temp from tap.

Did I mention that it is $40-50 dollars cheaper? Probably not because I am a cheap bastard and it is usually assumed.

Good luck out there. It ain't purty these days.

BTW... War Damn Eagle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky