My versionof the char griller super pro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stratuslowrider

Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Lafayette, In
My wife got both sides of the family to pitch in and buy me a new super pro with sfb for my birthday this past july.  I have done a few mods to the rig as follows:

1.Extended the exhaust down the grate level

2.Made a custom charcoal box that sits on top of some angle iron to keep it above the damper.  The local stores were out of expanded metal,so I picked up a steel veggie tray and it is working temporarily.

These mods have greatly evened out the heat to within 20 degrees of each side of the smoker.I plan on adding dual thermometers to the lid, bigger wheels,baffle, and a temperature probe port shortly.  I have included some pics along with some Q-views. I seasoned the whole thing with some lump charcoal, hickory chunks,and some veggie oil.

BrandNew

First smoke on stock set up

Pork chops

Exhaust extension

Charcoal box support

Temporary Charcoal basket

In action

First smoke with mods

Not too bad, skin was too rubbery

Some direct grilling fun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky