Good old Midwest .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Sirens went off and had about 5 minutes to clear the garage and pull my truck in .
Haven't seen it like this in awhile . Streets and yard covered in small stuff .
20240314_162705.jpg
This will leave a mark . A bunch of this size mixed in .
Makes some noise when it hits .
20240314_162223.jpg
Son's car had a dozen dings . Daughters seems OK . Haven't looked at my
Older truck yet . Glad I didn't have the grill going .

My truck has gotten hit twice. Once in Texas, and once in New Mexico.
Glad they can just pop them out these days.

Last edited:
Heck the small ones sting a bit . Nothing out of the ordinary but they say " It's coming " all the time and nothing happens .
I have a 12 ' tall street light in the back . I'm glad it survived . Says Oct. 31st 1895 on the rim . Still has the hand blown glass in it .
This is an old picture , but the hail has already got me once . I'm down to my last set of original hand blown glass .
PA280017.JPG

Last edited:
Glad to hear there wasn't any serious damage Rich. I read there was a possibility of Gorilla hail. I've never heard of that description before, but they say it could have been anywhere from a golf ball size to a softball sized.

Stay safe and wear a helmet.
Chris

golf ball size to a softball sized.
Had that one time . It does some damage .
That stuff can be nasty, hope for the best is all one can do when its in the area.
That's it right there .
There's a bunch of states in the path . Someone's gonna get nailed .
I'm close to the river , so we either get slammed or it misses us .
Looks like round 2 headed this way . Oh well .

Reactions: gmc2003
Sirens went off and had about 5 minutes to clear the garage and pull my truck in .
Haven't seen it like this in awhile . Streets and yard covered in small stuff .
View attachment 691602
This will leave a mark . A bunch of this size mixed in .
Makes some noise when it hits .
View attachment 691601
Son's car had a dozen dings . Daughters seems OK . Haven't looked at my
Older truck yet . Glad I didn't have the grill going .
How is the roof on the house? Those ice balls are brutal.

How is the roof on the house? Those ice balls are brutal.
The roof got hammered in 2009 . They paid off on it , but I never fixed it . Money is still in the bank , but the roof is 18 years old . We'll see if it starts leaking .
Getting some pictures of another part of town along 70 . They got it bad . 3 inch holes in windshields .

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The roof got hammered in 2009 . They paid off on it , but I never fixed it . Money is still in the bank , but the roof is 18 years old . We'll see if it starts leaking .
Getting some pictures of another part of town along 70 . They got it bad . 3 inch holes in windshields .
I’ve never seen it here big at all, maybe marble sized a couple times, but the wife grew up some of her youth in west Texas and eastern NM, she said it gets grape fruit sized at times and just recks everything. That would be terrifying to experience. I’ve seen pictures of the ice but that’s as close as I’ve come. Glad you made out ok.

It's been non stop snow for us today. But nothing Like getting your truck dinged up by hail.
20240314_170454.jpg

Last edited:
As a farmer... we hope for hail this type of year. Can't hurt the yields when the seed is still in the bag. But the damage caused isn't fun to deal with.
Make a drink with the big ones Rich! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Just got the all clear to leave my basement after an hour down there. Layed on the floor with the two dogs as it's "winter" and the tornado couch is covered with cooking gear lol. Will have to assess if we had any hail and damage tomorrow. Had at least two touch downs in the area I'm hearing.

Reactions: chopsaw
Dang. Biggest hail I have ever seen here was pea sized.

Chopsaw, we're about 3 hours south of you, in Ripley County. We just had it roll through with all sorts of warnings, but, thankfully it is passing without a lot of problems for us in Doniphan.

Reactions: Timber II
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky