my otbs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walking dude

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 5, 2007
Des Moines, IOWA
looks like i lost my otbs, as my pm folder will only contain 50 posts. when i came back on, i have 178 pms in my box, ALL of em duplicates. But if i delete all my dups. i will STILL be over my 50 pm allotment. before the crash, i kept about 90-93 pm's in there, of ones i wanted to keep. recipes, etc. but that will be over the 50 pm limit i am at now!

also, got a pm from jerry, tried to anwer it, but over my limit. but i didnt get a heads up about the pm. and i checked my cp, and my correct email is posted.

Looks like i also lost all my green tiles.

i know how you feel i lost mine and my premeir membership.. figure i would hold tight for a few more days to see what happens..well it's not lost just misplaced..i'll always have it

Going to make this one short and sweet, having received the nominations and looking over some of their past threads, I concure that linescum and Shortone deserve a place within the Order.

Join me in welcoming linescum, OTBS #074; and shortone, OTBS #075 as our newest members.

Lost mine OTBS also, and my Avatar that i had yesterday.

Yeah, pretty much the same story here. Lost all the same stuff, got duplicate PM's, no OTBS, no rep boxes, etc. I tried sending a PM and I don't think it goes through either.

I'd put a n icon in here but all of them are red x's to boot.

TILES? we don't need no steenking tiles-or points or statues-what we need is whats in our freezer and some lump.

WHAT HE SAID... and don't forget the booze either.

I wish I could agree with you two, but I can't. I worked pretty hard for them tiles , and I don't feel one bit ashamed of being proud of them. If they are that useless, than just keep them out of the site along with the OTBS and the post count.
Hell why even register, just post away, and the guys that are learning or looking for help can just hope the guy on the other end of the keyboard knows WTF he is talking about.
rolleyes.gif

I'm right there with you guys. I lost OTBS, half my post count, premier membership, avatar and signature pic. Maybe they'll get it straightened out.

Am I in here?

Guess so, looks like I lost some more posts an all my tiles to. Oh well, ifin ya wanna know sumtin just ask, I'll do what I can ta find my stuff fer ya!

Perhaps but I'm sure Brian's priority right now isn't re-establishing everyone's green tiles. And anyone can make a valuable contribution here, regardless of the number of green tiles or posts they have made here.

I'm sure the data transfer alone was a tremendous amount of work on Brian's part. I am sure he will do what he can, when he can.

I am sure he will continue doing a great job. I don't remember saying anything different. I think I have thanked him numerous times, both on the forum and in chat.Like I said, its not a crime to be proud of my accomplishments. I have my opinions and you have yours__ enough said!

all i am basically trying to say, i had a pm from a good freind asking me how i was doing. but i couldnt respond, cause i am over my pm limit. NOW my pm limit is 50. with my otbs membership, it was 100. Now i don't want to lose some of them pm's to get below 50, just to answer him. He knows who he is. thats all i was basically talking about.

Since you don't have the pm space to send on to Brian I'll send one for you I had the same problem when the site came back up
biggrin.gif

I always thought it was cool that peeps liked my posts or help and recognized it, the only way they could, with rep points. I guess they meant something to me too :).

I'm surprised that when someone mentions the loss them, they get treated like they are whining and told that they meant nothing anyway. Too me, rep points should hold just as much significance as OTBS. They are a direct reflection of just how helpful one is. I've always wondered why they were not part of the OTBS process.

I'll do it right now

I see both sides...post count and rep points. I was just getting mine going both times they were lost. rep points I was proud of. I mean really who smokes a quiche..lol..that is were alot of mine came from this last time around and they are gone again...the post count I am not to worried about. I was starting to get up there definitely not thousands but hundreds. they will all come back in do time. but the points are alittle different. I figure all we can do is keep truckin along.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky