My first sausage - Three ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First let me say those look fabulous for a first go... ESPECIALLY with only a kitchen aid...

I'm another one that agrees with a dedicated stuffer... just a little 5 lb'r from LEM... They are a game changer...

I found out the new PID will only go down to 160*

Somethings not sounding right here... What controller do you have? Did you raise the temps any as the cook progressed?

As for vac sealing... Freeze the links separately first and then put as many as you want in a pack and vac seal... freezing first prevents the squishing and squeezing of the links when vacuumed

First let me say those look fabulous for a first go... ESPECIALLY with only a kitchen aid...

I'm another one that agrees with a dedicated stuffer... just a little 5 lb'r from LEM... They are a game changer...

Somethings not sounding right here... What controller do you have? Did you raise the temps any as the cook progressed?

As for vac sealing... Freeze the links separately first and then put as many as you want in a pack and vac seal... freezing first prevents the squishing and squeezing of the links when vacuumed
It is a Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro. I usually control it from my phone but I just replaced the phone and I need to re-connect it. I'm sure it will go lower, I just ran out of energy by the time I got them going.

I'm learning more every day. At least three things for next time thanks to all of you.

The end pieces were a little tough but edible. The rest was better than anything store bought.
I go through the trouble of making my own because nothing in the store compares to what I make. When I started, I thought, man, is this really worth all the effort? It is, and nothing I can buy compares to what I make.

Congratulations on the rotator ride. You definitely must have a lot of patience to want to do it again with the KA stuffer lol.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal

I was checking it out and my wife walked by and said NOPE!

Haha I guess I will have to wait a while on that one.

OK after watching a few videos on the LEM 5 LB stuffer I can now see how much easier it is to use. Now I know why so much of you were recommending a stand alone stuffer. I will still use the KA for grinding because it simply works but will get a LEM for the stuffing.

I will have to distract the wife when the Amazon box gets to the door. It can store in my back yard shed along with my other cooking toys.

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
I have an 8# cast iron stuffer passed from my father-in-law. I love it. Body goes in the fridge for many hours before the stuffing. Meat always comes out cold even with the stop to reload the horn (tube) with more casing.
The Kitchen Aid is fine with a few accessories. Foot pedal is a must as JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 has recommended twice for grinding or stuffing. Harbor Freight has a decent priced unit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky