My first Brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a great lookin brisket! I'm like you smoked all kinds of meat but still a little intimated by the whole brisket. I've done small flats but never the whole packer

Reactions: Redicans
Great job. Also the long hold is a game changer. I got a warming cabinet that holds at 150 so I will hold the brisket 10-24 hours before serving. Before that I would use my oven on 170 and put the grate as low as possible. I use the foil boat method and hold uncovered for up to 10 hours then cover for the rest of the hold. This has taken all the pressure off especially when serving at say 11 am. I now cook all my briskets the day before and do the long hold. Sometimes my cook goes late into the night but no more getting up at 3am for a lunch serving. Remember the best part about bbq is the more you cook the better you get and its a delicious road trying to achieve perfection. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks for all the Positive responses everyone!! It really was a fun cook and a great experience!! Getting some solid Ideas from some of the responses for a second attempt!!

Sean

Yup nice looking brisket. Like you I was intimidated at first but I found the hardest part was trimming it without taking to much or to little.

Thanks for all the Positive responses everyone!! It really was a fun cook and a great experience!! Getting some solid Ideas from some of the responses for a second attempt!!

Sean

Yup nice looking brisket. Like you I was intimidated at first but I found the hardest part was trimming it without taking to much or to little.

Thanks! Yeah after many videos I kind of went with the Idea a bit more fat was better than trimming to much off. My thought was I can always not eat the fat but if I trimmed to much it might be dry. That's not to say I didn't trim a good amount, I just didn't want to go to crazy with the trimming.

Reactions: tallbm
Great job Sean! I can say just from the pictures yours turned out better the the one and only brisket I did last year. I followed a video and feel I trimmed too much off. I like you approach.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky