My Favorite Hot Dogs. (“Berks” Brand)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My son who is in Jersey finishing up a job (Tower Crane Operator) swears how good the Hot Dogs are at Wa Wa I didn't try one while we were there wish I would Have.

Gary

Ah, Darn!!
I wish you would have tried one too!
You wouldn't believe how good those Berks Quarter Pounders are!!

Bear

I have a wawa about 15 minutes from my house (PA Turnpike exit at Lake Harmony) and there’s another one down the road in Blakeslee...I do a lot of fishing in that area so I’ll have to pop in for a hotdog lunch.

Yup, I saw that "Blakeslee" store on the Wawa Map.
Blakeslee is where the sample home was of my house (Kuhn's Bros Log Homes) when we purchased it about 17 years ago.
I think that one is THE farthest North Wawa on their Map.
Get the Quarter Pounder---You'll love it!

Bear

Foot longs yea buddy. Do you remember outfit called Swanky Franks all kinds of fancy hot dogs and foot longs.

Warren

No, don't remember that company.
But Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I have never seen Berks way down South where we reside but Nathans is plentiful and our go to dog! I work up North and Northeast a good bit so I will start looking for Berks and give them a try.

Thank You!!
Nathan's is one of the "Top Dogs" up here too.
However if you do get to SouthEast Pa, DE, or the southern 2/3 of Jersey, just look for one of the Many Wawa Stores, and go for the Quarter Pound Dogs they have ready for you. You'll love them!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Just knew they were good didn't know what kind they were though.

Warren

Yup, exactly what I thought the first time I got one from Wawa.
Then after a few more times, I asked them who's Dogs they used.
They said always Berks.
Everybody loves them.

Bear

All this hot dog talk has me hankering. The wife ran to the store today while I was at work. I told her to get me a pack of dogs since I’m eating solo.
C09D939B-907A-4D3E-B558-4C664DECC2AA.jpeg

Thanks for scratching that itch, Bear!

Down here in East Texas, we a several brands most I don't care for, We do have Nathan's which is the only one we buy. How does Nathans compare ??

Gary

Nathan's are very popular up here too, but only thought to be #1 by those who never had a Berks Hot Dog. So are Hebrew National, and a couple others.

Bear

Funny you brought that up . Couple weeks ago I asked about foot longs at the meat market . He told me he can get the dogs , but not the buns . Says that's why he don't sell them , but who knows .

Hmmm--Never thought about the rolls.
I guess that could be a problem if they don't make their own to sell with them.
Or a little Elmer's Wood Glue on 2 regular Rolls. LOL

Bear

Hmmm--Never thought about the rolls.
I guess that could be a problem if they don't make their own to sell with them.
Or a little Elmer's Wood Glue on 2 regular Rolls. LOL

Bear
yeah my wife got some footlongs a couple weeks ago, I think they were salhem brand or something like that, anyway she asked about the buns they said they don't sell them, so yeah bear we put 2 regular rolls together, actually worked better then I thought it would.

All this hot dog talk has me hankering. The wife ran to the store today while I was at work. I told her to get me a pack of dogs since I’m eating solo.
View attachment 406441

Thanks for scratching that itch, Bear!

Thank You Xray!!
Yours look Great too!!
What Kind of Pepper is that?

Bear

Thank You Xray!!
Yours look Great too!!
What Kind of Pepper is that?

Bear

That’s a stuffed cherry pepper with prosciutto and provolone cheese. I get them at Wegmans. They sell them already prepackaged at the salad bar, or you could pick a fewer amount yourself.

They sell by weight, the pre packaged ones usually have 8 or 9 peppers for around $6

That’s a stuffed cherry pepper with prosciutto and provolone cheese. I get them at Wegmans. They sell them already prepackaged at the salad bar, or you could pick a fewer amount yourself.

They sell by weight, the pre packaged ones usually have 8 or 9 peppers for around $6

Thank You Xray!!
Bear Jr goes to Wegmans. I'll see if he can find them & get me some!!
Thanks,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky