mulberry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

guff1972

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Has anyone used mulberry wood and if so how well does it work.

Thanks Brian

I have not used it personally, but know people that have that love it. One even calls it his "top secret" wood. LOL

Woodn't even know where to find it!
icon_wink.gif

Me neither, but the guys that I know use it are from Ohio and have no trouble getting it there from what I am told.

I have a fruitless mulberry in my yard (looks like it may be the white). I need to prune it this fall so I think I'll dry some of it out this winter and try it. Thanks for the idea.

I have more mulberry than I would like. Have tried it. It is a very mild smoke, nearer to pecan or peach than to mesquite. One caution....make sure it is dry! It is quite bitter until very dry.

I totally agre with greazy, one of the only fruit woods i will let dry out before useing, excellent smoke when dried.

I've used it - it's similar too apple. Make sure it's really dry though it leaves a sticky creaosol. Nice light yet sweet smoke.

figures.......i have a neighbor cross the street who just trimmed BUNCHES of mulberry, the fruit bearing kind..........but its fresh...........

crap

figures..............
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

d8de

guys and gals, I have access to a bit of mulberry.. I am just wondering if it is really that great? from anyones personal experiance?? the reason I ask is caus when I have cut it green is smells real funky. thanks

Please, if any one has any info from personal use of mulberry since this thread originally was posted please let me know. thanks a bunch folks !!!

thanks th... I was just worried, every mulberry ive ever felled.. stank so bad I figured it might carry over... I will get some cut and let er season. I know a guy who need some cut down... so I can help him out and myself at the same time. thanks

Any updates on this. I dropped some last year. Just got around to cutting in to shorter sections a month ago. Looks a little green yet. But been down for about 9 months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky