Masterbuilt control panel issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

darcylockhart

Original poster
Jan 13, 2021
Hey guys, I was looking through the forum to see what other users are doing with some equipment I own and I noticed a lot of people having control panel issues with their Masterbuilts.
I have a 130b and I had to do this to fix it:

Afterwards I sealed it up with high heat caulk. Not sure if this will help anyone, but it worked for me!

Reactions: RichGTS
If humidity gets in fron underneath the controller on a hot summer day and condenses over night you'll never get it dry inside On my Mes 40 PID controller I unplug it and bring it inside in conditioned air. My Mes 30 is the same for the stock top rear mounted controller. I cut the locking tabs off the pin connectors to easily unplug and mark the top of the male and female pins to make sure the are aligned right side up with white liquid paper to quickly connect and bring it inside in between smokes. When connected it sits ontop away from the vent since the Mes 30 vent is so close to the controller.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky