Marinated boneless chicken breats in pellet grill?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benhar

Original poster
Jun 10, 2018
I know smoking boneless/skinless chicken breasts has been discussed here before, but was hoping for a little guidance on my particular goal...

I have a recipe for key lime chicken breasts that my family really likes. It's evolved a bit over the years, but my current approach involves marinating the breasts overnight in the mixture (50/50 EVOO and lime juice plus chopped garlic, onion, etc.) to maximize the lime kick. Lately instead of grilling, I sous vide the breasts at 160, and sear them afterwards on my Weber kettle's Slow n Sear. A bit more work but the results are great. The meat is shredded for tacos.

Now I find myself with this RecTec Trailblazer that I want to experiment with... it seems it would be much easier to just cook them in the RT for 350 for about half and hour, maybe even use the built-in meat thermometer for good measure. Any issues going this route? I know it sounds like a silly question, but I once got lazy and cooked the chicken in the oven to see what would happen. The lack of sear/char made the result pretty off-putting, especially with the chopped onion and garlic on the meat.

Thanks for any advice!

Sear the breasts then move to a cooler area to finish to the desired IT. They won't take long...JJ

Just injected 1/2 a chicken with soy sauce made by Tabasco and the other 1/2 with SBR wing sauce,throwed on the pellet pit at 350,will see how this works out and we can compare notes lol

I'd go with a different approach, I'd use the vortex/kettle combo and keep a close eye on the internal temp. It allows for high heat indirect cooking. If you want a little smoke flavor added just drop a chunk of your favorite chicken wood on the grate over the Vortex.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky