Low-Budget Slicer Not Performing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cody_Mack

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 8, 2021
Fulshear, TX
I have a low-end slicer, not cheap cheap, and recommended on here for a beginner model. The problem is, the carriage assembly and the plate the meat presses against while sliding toward the blade are somewhat over-flexible; they won't stay in place, especially the plate. I wind up with uneven slices, thick one side and thin and jagged on the other side.

Any tweaks I can try to help out? One I thought of, is greasing the plate so the meat has less friction while sliding.

Comments or thoughts?

Attachments

• 1695489384043.png
    1695489384043.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: JLeonard
If thats a Nesco fs 250 I wouldn't consider that a cheap slicer . If you're getting a tag end on the bottom that's normal . Flipping like said above helps with that . If your slices are uneven there's something else going on .

Pinch nose here has a 1970s vintage Oyster slicer. It's plastic but it works great. Now granted it only gets used a few times each year, but considering its age. It's more than earned it's keep.

1695512554394.png

1695512657053.png

Light weight and it packs up nice and tight. I store it in kitchen cabinet.

Chris

Pinch nose here has a 1970s vintage Oyster slicer. It's plastic but it works great. Now granted it only gets used a few times each year, but considering its age. It's more than earned it's keep.

View attachment 676883
View attachment 676884
Light weight and it packs up nice and tight. I store it in kitchen cabinet.

Chris
1695513086731.png

Not ideal, but works,.

Reactions: gmc2003
I go once a week . It's close by though . Like Doug said there's always kitchen gadgets .

Reactions: DougE
I have the same slicer not a fan, as others have said keep flipping the meat. It helps but is not 100% cure. That Vevor looks interesting. I have a vevor stuffer with no complaints.

Reactions: Cody_Mack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky