Loin End Roast- how to?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrwolf99

Original poster
Sep 24, 2016
Tomorrow Im going to smoke a Pork Loin End Roast (3.5lbs). So my big question is, is this an all day make it tender, break it down job or is it a few hours make it smokey like pork chops job?

I have a nice rub Im going to do from a Puerto Rican friend and shove some garlic cloves in there too.
I figure I'll set the smoker at about 230.
Any wood recommendations? Hickory, apple, cherry, mesquite? I might have orange or peach too, and pecan which I've never been happy with.

I really need to know if I need to get up before the birds or if I start it at lunch time.
Thanks a million.

The biggest thing is to not overcook it. Take it out of the smoker at 138-140 IT & with a 15 minute rest on the counter the carryover cooking will bring it up to 145. It will still have a pink twinge to it, but it will be tender & juicy. It should only take 3 hours or so at 225. I like hickory for just about everything. I smoke my loins in a pan with some broth. Here is one I did a while back.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pork-loin-tender-juicy-steps-q-view.244199/
Hope this helps!
Al

I would recommend hickory for the wood, always goes good with pork and should help getting smoke flavor given this will be a relatively short smoke.

Couldn't agree more with Al on taking the meat off just below 140.

Even Stuffed, it will only take about 4 to 5 hours, using 220° Smoker Temp:
Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin (Apple)

I wouldn't pull it before 143° because at 220 Smoker Temp, it might only carry over about 2° or 3°, and you don't want it to finish below 145°.
Anything between 145° and 150° is fine. Once you get close to 160°, it'll get very Dry.

Bear

Thanks guys, I hit it with the rub this morning and injected it with creole butter a few minutes before putting it in. I'm using some hickory. Well see how it turns out.
Everyone is always so helpful.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky