LEM Cuber Attachment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
The cuber attachment for the LEM grinders is back in stock, but before I order one, does anyone here have any experience with it? It is pricey at $300, but I could really use a cuber on occasion. No way can I justify a Hobart at $1500+ for a good used one or $6000 for new...

No experience with one, but I don’t see a “cuber” attachment on their page. There is a jerky slicer attachment and another that slices and tenderizes. Do you have a link to what you are looking at?

No experience with one, but I don’t see a “cuber” attachment on their page. There is a jerky slicer attachment and another that slices and tenderizes. Do you have a link to what you are looking at?
The 2-in-1 slicer tenderizer. I call a tenderizer, a cuber, same thing...

This is the Hobart 403-1. They can be bought used for $1500-$2500, new around $6000. When I worked in the meat department at Winn Dixie, it was always referred to as a cuber...
1702143623439.png

I call a tenderizer, a cuber, same thing...
Yup . I knew exactly what you meant . Ate many a cubed steak way back when .
I heard the meat cutter at the store yesterday tell one of the guys to " run these through the cuber "
I would say if you do a lot of cubed steak , it's worth the money . Even if it's just something you want . I'm getting close to the end of the ride . I'm getting anything that makes it easier .

Yup . I knew exactly what you meant . Ate many a cubed steak way back when .
I heard the meat cutter at the store yesterday tell one of the guys to " run these through the cuber "
I would say if you do a lot of cubed steak , it's worth the money . Even if it's just something you want . I'm getting close to the end of the ride . I'm getting anything that makes it easier .
My main use would be for things such as boneless pork chops, chicken breast, or venison that most meat departments won't run through the cuber. I suspect that in the future, there won't be any meat departments that even have one. Around me, Food Lion has already followed in the footsteps of Walmart and no longer has a cuber, slicer, or saw. Everything is pretty much prepackaged, but they still will cut boneless strips and ribeyes, at least for now...

Reactions: chopsaw
My main use would be for things such as boneless pork chops, chicken breast, or venison that most meat departments won't run through the cuber.
I'd bet you'd get good use out of the cuber . Since I started doing all this , I've been breaking down beef primals and such . I was getting whole pork legs / front shoulders , but haven't seen them in awhile now .
I always cull out some for grind , sausage , steaks and roasts . Be handy to have the cuber as an option .
This place I shop still has a full service meat counter . I think they were filling an order for someone that wanted cube steak .

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky