Leg o Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
Harris Teeter had a clearance on the leftovers from Easter so I couldn't pass up the deal. I got a 3 lb butterflied leg for like $12. The weber kettle was going to get some more work to do.

I stay very basic with these. Olive oil and lemon juice, fresh garlic and a handful of oregano. S&P along with a tiny bit of thyme. I marinaded it all day so it would be ready after returning from one of the local breweries.

Ready to hit the fire. The skewers keep it from flopping around when flipping.

20220529_185401.jpg

Coming along nicely. Threw a few chunks of cherry under the coals.
20220529_185817.jpg

Almost there. I pulled it at 125ish maybe closer to 130 and let it sit under a foil tent. I like my lamb on the rare side.
20220529_190440.jpg

Gotta have some grilled lemon!
20220529_191538.jpg

And the plate shot. Made some tzatziki in the morning so I would have it for left over lamb sammies.
20220529_193126.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I am currently smoking a similar piece.
It was cut and shaped irregular so I tied it up in a consistent wad….

I too enjoy my meat on the rare side of the scale.
Any reason to smoke past 125*?
As in we smoke other cuts well past to break down the meat.

Newb question. 🙋🏽‍♂️

ETA pic….

711DEF81-BA8E-47C2-9DC5-B39433A7B408.jpeg

Love leg-o-lamb, gonna spin one on the Weber this week. Never tried grilled lemon with lamb, might give that a shot, always been a mint jelly guy. RAY

Reactions: mr_whipple
Looks really good from my screen. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: mr_whipple
I am currently smoking a similar piece.
It was cut and shaped irregular so I tied it up in a consistent wad….

I too enjoy my meat on the rare side of the scale.
Any reason to smoke past 125*?
As in we smoke other cuts well past to break down the meat.

Newb question. 🙋🏽‍♂️

ETA pic….

View attachment 633303
I wouldn't smoke it past that. Maybe pull it a little sooner and give it a nice sear.

Love leg-o-lamb, gonna spin one on the Weber this week. Never tried grilled lemon with lamb, might give that a shot, always been a mint jelly guy. RAY
The lemon tastes awesome after grilling. I can't stand mint jelly 🤮

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky